Rumors Hotel is located on mile 2 1/2 Benque Viejo Road. We are conveniently located in a Hotel Zone within easy access of the many amenities in San Ignacio Town.
San Ignacio Town is located 72 miles west of the capital Belize City and the country’s major air hub, Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport. The Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport in Belize City operates daily flights to the US and other countries. San Ignacio is a one and a half hours drive from Belize City via the George Price Highway (Western Highway).
There are two official crossing points on the Mexico – Belize border. The more frequently used is at Santa Elena, 9 miles from Corozal Town in Belize and 7 miles from Chetumal in Mexico. The all-paved Northern Highway runs from the border to Belize City. The other crossing is at Blue Creek, 34 miles southwest of Orange Walk Town. The only land crossing between Belize and Guatemala is a mile west of the Belizean town of Benque Viejo del Carmen at the end of the all-paved Western Hwy.
Entering Belize is quite easy. Ensure that you have a valid Passport with at l east six months of validity remaining. Visitors are officially required to be in possession of an onward or return ticket from Belize and funds worth BZ$120 a day for their stay in the country, but it’s rare for tourists to be required to show these. Tourists are generally given a 30-day stay, extendable once you’re in Belize.
Flights are now available from Belize International Airport to San Ignacio. Click here for Tropic Air Flights
Renting a Vehicle
Crystal Auto Rental & Budget Auto Rental can assist you in getting the perfect vehicle for your time in Belize. Your international or U. S. driver’s license will work in Belize, though you will have to purchase insurance, available at the se car agencies. In Belize, you will be driving on the right side of the road.
The best Belize rental car to choose is a 4-wheel drive with a good amount of clearance, as many of the roads in Belize are not paved or are in rough shape. Speed bumps known as “Sleeping Policemen” are extreme in Belize, sometimes on the highway even, and can be so high that you will need to creep over them. Belize roads are high-crowned, and the risk for over-turning is high. When it rains, the roads can be scary, sometimes completely flooding out, and accidents are very common; it is recommended to stay off the roads during storms. Also recommended is not driving at night. The roads have a lot of twists and turns, most roads are not marked and none are lit, making it dangerous to navigate after dark.
Driving Directions from Belize City Airport to Rumors Hotel
- Follow the signs to exit the parking lot and airport facility.
- At the end of the one-mile entrance road, turn right (south) toward Belize City.
- Follow this street (the Northern Highway); it will carry you 9 miles to Belize City.
- When you reach the third roundabout, bearing international flags in the center, enter it and take the first right; this is Central American Boulevard.
- Follow this through two traffic lights to the next roundabout with a sculpture of a silver metal hand in its center, take this first right onto Cemetery Road.
- Follow through the Cemetery where it turns into the George Price Highway(Western Highway).
- Travel on the George Price Highway(Western Highway )heading West towards San Ignacio.
The video below shows you how to navigate the streets of Santa Elena and San Ignacio en route to Rumors Hotel.
Please feel free to call or email us for additional information on how to get to Rumors Hotel.